Saturday, March 29, 2008

Monte Update

The last week has been kind of a nervous time for us. Since we switched Monte's food two weeks ago, we found that he had a problem... well, let's say there wasn't much in the litter box.

Over a few days, he had no appetite and he wasn't drinking water. Poor kitty. So, we brought him to the vet again. After getting x-rays and going over various possibilities of what was happening, the vet decided to go the simple route first and just give him an enema.

That helped A LOT. Monte was pretty much back to normal after a few days of cleansing. He's got his appetite back, drinking water, and so now he's regular again. WHEW!!!

Yes, I'm happy to report that the litter box is in use again. I never thought I'd ever write words like that, but I'm happy. You feel so helpless when you see your furry baby so uncomfortable.

During the vet visit, we asked the question... does Monte really have kidney failure? And the sad answer is yes. It's at the very beginning phase of it, so we really won't see anything different in kitty - but over time, and we don't know how fast or slow this will progress, this will become something we'll have to do our best to make Monte's time with us as happy and as comfortable as possible.

On a less grim note, I'm currently in the middle of Earth Hour. I've got my laptop on battery mode, candles all around, no TV or radio or lights. It's actually very peaceful. The windows are open and I can hear the whoosh of the city around me. If something this simple can help the city save 10% worth of energy - I'm willing to do this again.

I've been going through a marathon of movies the past two weekends. I wanted to watch Resident Evil 3, but totally forgot what had been going on - so I re watched parts 1 and 2 again. Looks like they've left the door open for a part 4. I also watched Georgia Rule - only because Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman are in it. I don't like Lindsay Lohan, but I do admit she can be a good actress. I've enjoyed some of her previous films. Anyway, Georgia Rules, don't bother. It was boring and except for Jane Fonda's character, I didn't like anyone else.

Tonight, I started watching The Maltese Falcon, with Humphrey Bogart. I've only gotten through an hour and then I shut it off for Earth Hour. I'll get back to it later tonight.

1 comment:

g. girl said...

so sorry to hear about monte....:o(

i cried just seeing lil' popo get his rabies shots (today we get him "fixed").

hang in there, and enjoy monte.