Monday, April 28, 2008

Jogging my memory

So, I've been asked to tell a little more about Lea Salonga's concert - and I'm happy to oblige.

As soon as the Cache Creek self promotion video ended (tacky!), Lea came on stage and the magic began. She's so petite! For those who care, she was in a black sequins top with a long silk skirt. She was amazing - nonstop for over an hour and a half. Three encores! I kind of feel bad for the people who left after she first said "Goodnight" because they missed her last three songs, and most likely didn't know she would be signing autographs - which was announced after the last encore.

I can't name all the songs she sang, but some of my most memorable favorites include:

I Don't Know How to Love Him
I'd Give My Life for You
On My Own
Tomorrow
The Way You Look Tonight
You Must Love Me
Reflection
Imagine
Promise Me
A Whole New World (just a small sample of it)

There were a few jazz songs and one Filipino song.

I really wished that she would have sung Defying Gravity from Wicked, but hopefully, if she comes back to Northern California, I'll have a chance to hear her sing that live one day.

No comments: