Saturday, June 04, 2011

Back to life

June 1st marked the start of a new month and a new 'normal' life.  After four months off from work, I walked back into the chaos and pressures that I abruptly left not so long ago.  I do have to say, I'm glad I visited my friends at the office a couple of times in the last month, because those definitely made walking through the revolving doors a little easier. 

My visions of returning to work originally included a morning stop at the company day care center to drop off Dylan.  Instead, I carry her in my heart as I go from front door to elevator to office.  After a deep breath, I sit down at my desk and began my day.

I work with wonderful people.  My boss, my coworkers... all kind and caring souls.  I'm a lucky girl.  The first day back is filled with welcoming hugs and genuine smiles that warm my heart.  I have to transition back into my job, but I think it will be a painless process. 

I was able to get through the first day thanks to the support of my friends.  Day two, the same.  By day three, it seems like I had never left.

I can honestly say it's good to be back. 

No comments: