Thursday, April 06, 2006

We're back!!!

Back in the U.S. and I'm so happy! I'm suffering serious jet lag. I've been wide awake since 3am. We had been up for 26 hours straight from when we got our 4am wake up call at our London hotel, until we stepped into our house at almost 8pm.

To our surprise, all the clocks were 'blinking' which told us we had a power outage. So much for some of the shows I had set the VCRs for. And unbelievable timing, I had no idea that the time change was this past Sunday - so everything I recorded from Monday to Wednesday are all an hour off. Oh well, we watch too much TV anyway.

Europe was a blast!!! I absolutely loved it. We saw so much history and took so many pictures (over 850) it will take me a while to put something abbreviated together. I kept a hand written journal of the entire trip, so I don't want to write it all over again. I'll just put on the good stuff later.

One really bad thing from trip though - my hubby, who was sick from the beginning with a cold, carried on the cough he had through the entire trip - and then to top it all off, he must have eaten something bad when we made our return trip to London, because he's been really sick ever since. Yesterday was an extremely hard day for him. I'm taking him to the doctor today.
He's sleeping now. I made a 3am trip to Walgreen's to get him some medicine. Been awake ever since. Of course, now that I see light coming through the window, I'm getting sleepy. At least I'm on vacation through the weekend!

On a personal vacation note for myself... I didn't get to buy anything!!! Well, ok, that's an exaggeration. On the first day in Paris, I bought myself a Louis Vuitton bag (which I had purposely wanted to get in Paris - saved almost $200 folks. Paris prices are cheaper than the U.S. and no tax for foreigners). Thank God I bought it that first day too, because we arrived in Paris on a Tuesday and did nothing but sightseeing and visiting museums for the next 5 days. We intended to have a nice relaxing, slow paced day on Sunday - do some shopping then.

Well folks - if you ever go to Paris, and I knew this too, most of the stores are closed on Sunday. There was a purse at Gap that I wanted (I know, Gap, but the U.S. stores don't have the pink one) - and even that was closed. The freakin shopping mall at the Lafayette Galleries was closed! Unbelievable! So, no shopping in Paris for this gal. I was very upset. I wasn't about to do any shopping in London because it's $1.8+ to 1 Pound. Basically everything I looked at, I doubled in price and it was just way too expensive. The purse at Gap was 39 Pounds - in the U.S. it's $39. Why would I want to pay over $70 for it? It's not worth it.

Anyway, I got my LV bag and that's what I really wanted - so I can't complain. Would you believe I even packed an extra fold up bag just in case I did shop a lot? Well, that thing never saw the light of day from my suitcase. Bummer.

OK - my eyes are getting heavy now. It's almost 7am - I'm all screwed up. Going to check on my hubby to see how he's doing. I'll update more later.

No comments: