Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Au Revoir!

In exactly 12 hours, I will be on a plane for the first leg of our European holiday! I can't believe that it's here already. So much preparation and research - and it seemed almost like the trip was never going to come. Great thing is, we're on our way. Sad thing is, techincally, we won't get to Belgrade until Friday. That's a lot of travel time. Not looking forward to that part. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep a little on the plane. I usually can't - which is why the 'entertainment' preparation is so important to me.

My bed is a complete mess. All my clothes and all the extra goodies we have to bring are piled in stacks. I haven't brought out the suitcase yet, only because Monte is still here, and I don't want him to get too depressed. He's going to stay with my grandmother while we're gone - and I'm just waiting for my hubby to get home from work so we can take him over there. I know Monte gets sad when I start packing - and he probably already knows what I'm doing. Good thing is that he's the kind of cat who is happy to see us when we come back. He doesn't hold a grudge. I've heard stories of pets who were so mad when their family came back that they ignored them for a week. That would be heart breaking for me.

So, I think we're basically set. I have all the passports, necessary currency, the plane tickets, my entertainment for the plane... Good thing I took today off from work, because it literally took me all day to pack. Sad. I hate packing.

My husband is still working - poor thing. He's been sick too. He still needs to come home and pack. I hate that he's always so busy. Not about the fact that he's not home with me, but that he has to put in so many hours and all that stress. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about his line of business, so I can't help him.

So folks, this is it for now. Hoping that the snow has stopped in Belgrade, that there are no more protests in Paris, and that I'll be able to cram in everything I want to see in London!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hope you have a very safe and exciting trip!!! Take LOTS of pictures! And stop by my place after Europe while you are in your travel mode! It'll be another new place to see. ;-)