Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Happy, Sad and uh oh...

Happy - because at dinner last night with my in-laws and one of my hubby's oldest friends, the friend announce that he was finally going to be a daddy!!! Not just a daddy - a daddy of TWINS! HA! I'm so happy for them - I believe they've been trying for a long time, and this is most welcome news. She's due in August, so we're going to have a couple of summer babies!

Sad - and this really doesn't have anything to do with me personally. Dana Reeve passed away. She was the wife of Christopher Reeve. I guess that family holds a special place in my heart because Christopher Reeve's Superman was supposed to be my first husband. Yep, I was 6 years old and I was madly in love with Superman. To this day, my image of the hero is Christopher Reeve in costume. I was devastated when he had his accident, and even more-so at the news of his death. No, I didn't go into depression or anything - it was just very sad to me. And now his widow is gone as well, leaving behind a 13 year old. Both parents gone within a few years. How can anyone not feel anything with that, even if you don't know the people. It's a sad story.

So, today, I've started my new regime to lose some weight AGAIN! I am not happy with the way I look and I really need to get some exercise in my life. With the news of his friend's babies, my hubby was saying last night how we both need to get health. Number one, for our future children (I was like, SAY WHAT?!) and then number two, how we live our lives now could make a huge difference in our health in our later years. I agree with part two... uh, I'm not ready for the children part. Don't know if I'll ever be ready. I'm too selfish right now. I feel like the things my husband and I are accomplishing now, we should have done a few years ago - but we couldn't afford to. So, I feel like we're playing catch up. And darn it all, his friend becoming a father has got the wheels turning in my own husband's head - I was afraid of that.

No comments: