Sunday, February 26, 2006

Surprise success

Last night, we had a suprise party for my friend Sue. Her birthday was a few weeks ago, but different events and timing issues forced us to delay celebration events until now - which was perfect because she didn't suspect a thing.

After many emails back and forth, her boyfriend and I were able to set up a dinner at one of their favorite neighborhood restaurants and the Evite went out. Almost everyone arrived on time - and when Sue finally showed up, the look on her face was priceless. I knew exactly what she was thinking because my hubby helped surprise my for my bridal shower a few years ago.

You see people you know, completely out of context, and so your brain is telling you "Hey it's so and so!" and then you look around and think, "Hey, so and so is here too? How are they hanging out together?" It just doesn't make sense. It's a wonderfully odd feeling - and when you finally accept what is happening, it's just such a elated feeling that your friends did something like this for you and you know you're in for a fabulous time. And I hope that's what Sue felt last night.

We did have a wonderful time. I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while. We really do have a special group of people who really get along and have so many interesting things to talk about. And most importantly, these are really good people at heart.

So, happy belated birthday, Sue! We all love you!

No comments: