Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The grinch strikes again...

Back in December, I told you about a guy at my work who is the biggest grinch the entire year. The only time he becomes a decent human being is the day of our company's Christmas Eve party, where he dresses up like Santa Claus and delights all the visiting children.

Today, the grinch showed himself as a true ass again. Apparently, this guy likes to bake. He came around to our area with a big grocery bag of individually wrapped cookies and started handing them out. Our area is separated into two U shaped sections, so I saw him pass out the cookies in one section, then come around the side, and giving cookies along the way, finally making it into my section. There are exactly four people who sit in my part of the U. He gave a cookie to everyone but me, and then walked out. I knew he had left because I heard another colleague in the hallway say, "Oh thank you! Did you bake these yourself?"

OK, first of all - it's totally not about the cookie. I know me saying that I didn't want the cookie in the first place makes me sound like anyone who says they didn't want something, but deep down they really wanted it. Honestly, I don't care about the cookie. I just think it's amazingly rude to come around and offer a cookie to everyone, but one person. I have never done anything to this guy. I always say 'hi' when I pass him in the hall, even though he never says anything back to me - ever. I don't know why. I don't even work directly with him - but then again, neither do the other folks on my team. So, why be so blatently rude to me?

Like I said, it's not the cookie. It's the fact that he was being such a rude asshole. Him being kind to the kids one day out of the year doesn't excuse his behavior. I would never do that to someone. Even if i didn't like them - if I brought something to share, EVERYONE would get one. But that's just me.

So I come home to a voice message from the pet hospital. I've been trying to get Monte an appointment for his ultrasound. They called at noon today and left a message that I can bring Monte in tomorrow between 7 and 9am. Uh, hello? I can't just take off work like that. And my husband, who usually could, can't tomorrow. So, I had to call back and ask for another appointment. Actually, all I could do was call back and leave a message for the doctor to try to get another appointment. Frustrating. They have our home number and our work numbers. Why call someone's home number at noon? Why not call the WORK number? Wouldn't that make more sense on a weekday? Again, I guess that's just me.

No comments: