Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Silence is golden...

There's nothing like a quiet exit - and that's exactly what happened with that co-worker of mine who is now gone! She will be on a plane come Saturday and will be out of San Francisco forever. Well, at least for now, she says that if her other job doesn't work out, she may move back here. I've never seen anyone state hop like that before.

Anyway, I heard that she was kind of pissed that a lot of people didn't go say goodbye to her yesterday, and I know that certain people refused to even sign her farewell card. What does that tell you? Pretty sad actually.

Two years and seven months ago, when she started her rotational positions as a supervisor, I actually walked her to her van pool that day. I helped her bring some bags and we even got teary when we hugged each other goodbye. She was my friend then. My mentor. But geez, when she came back two years later - it was seven months of pure hell. She was, and this is quoting from someone else, our version of a hurricane - only it wouldn't stop.

I imagine how things could have been if she had just calmed down a little, and appreciated more of how I ran things while she was away. I ran things the way I thought she would have. And it's just insulting how she tried to find fault in everything I did those two years.

Anyway, she's gone. Many people at work are relieved. I said nothing about my two days away from the office - I'm sure people knew why I was out. I sleep fine at night - so my actions were right for me.

On a different note - I'm still trying to plan out the London part of our trip. We're actually going to London for one night, then head off to Paris for several days, and then go back to London for two days. I booked a room for us for the one night - but I wanted to find something nicer for the two days we return. Well, we'll probably end up back at the same hotel. Why? Because everything is sooooo freaking expensive there!!! I can't find anything that's less than $120 a night. Geez! I guess it doesn't matter - we definitely won't be in the room for much more than sleeping. Lots to see, and very little time! I can't believe it's less than two months away!!!

No comments: