Tuesday, January 31, 2006

One more day!

I can't believe January is over! Each year seems to go by faster and faster!

Today, Tuesday, is the very last day of my personal countdown. Come Wednesday that woman is gone from my life forever! I know I sound so bitter, and I'm normally not like this. All these changes at work, and having to deal with certain people really brought out the worst in me - and I don't like it at all. I believe she is flying out of here next weekend. Yea! Even though work is going to be hell for the next few months, I know I can make it through. HER leaving relieves so much pressure from within, you don't even know.

We bought two books this weekend. One for London and one for Paris. It's overwhelming how much I want to see in both places! My hubby doesn't really care, so it's up to me to plan the itinerary. I'm really having a hard time planning this trip out. For London, I'm still trying to figure out where the best location is for me to book our hotel. There are a couple of places near Hyde Park that look good (and are reasonably priced). My friend suggests the SOHO area, so I'll have to look into that. For Paris, we already have a place booked, but if I don't come up with some kind of schedule for the activities, it's just going to be utter chaos. Looking at all the pictures in my books, I'm getting more and more excited about this trip.

I just looked up the site for the George V hotel in Paris. No, we are not staying there (I wish!) and I doubt we ever will, but if you want to see luxury - you've got to check out their rooms. Wow! I had no idea. There's only one word to describe the rooms and especially the suites - LUSH. We are staying towards the opposite end of the Avenue de Champs-Elysees - away from the Arc de Triomphe. I plan to walk that 1.2 mile avenue, and Avenue George is along the way. I'm planning a detour to take a quick peek at the George V. I can't go to Paris and not even step into the lobby of this world famous hotel. I just gotta.

Only a month and three weeks until the trip! And then when we come back, I start my new job! So much happening in such a short time. It's a bit overwhelming. I think the only time I'll have to relax in the next two months will be on the flight over to Europe.

No comments: