Thursday, January 05, 2006

Short week

Well, I had Monday off from work for the New Year holiday. Went to work for two days - and I'm taking tomorrow off. Why? I'm sick!!! This happened to me last year too. I'm starting a cold and my allergies are bad. Add that to insomnia... yep. I brought some work home tonight because I felt pretty miserable today and knew I wasn't going to be better by Thursday. I just hope to shake off most of this before Friday.

What's happening Friday is that we're going to see the new Cirque du Soleil show, Corteo. (I love this picture)



We bought these tickets as a Father's Day present last year - and it's finally here! The belated birthday present will be dinner at Fringale before the show. I'm just hoping I can taste the food by Friday. Nothing worse than sniffling through a show. I love Cirque du Soleil. Except for their very early productions, I've seen them all. The ones in their custom built theaters are the best (Las Vegas and Florida).

I think my top two must see, always recommend to everyone, shows are "O" and "KA". They have the most expensive ticket prices, but they truly are worth every penny. Mystere used to be my favorite - and what inspired me to take up Taiko (I stopped when I hurt my knee skiing a few years ago). The show has an awesome opening and finale that showcases the Taiko drum - there's nothing like feeling that deep drum beat rumble through your soul.



So, it's past midnight - I've sneezed about 7 times in a row in less than a minute. My throat is going to be so sore tomorrow. I hate that. I've already emailed my boss to let her know that I won't be coming in. I prefer to let them know the night before, so I'm not worried about contacting them early in the morning - this way get some more sleep.

I guess I should just go read in bed or something. My brain is starting to get fuzzy. Gotta find my bottle of Vitamin C!

Oh - and we finally saw Finding Neverland last night. LOVED IT!!! I highly recommend it! I love Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet. Can't believe Johnny Depp was on 21 Jump Street way back when. I don't remember a single episode of that show, but I remember him on it. And I just love anything with Kate Winslet.

No comments: