Saturday, January 14, 2006

Mixed emotions

This week has been a total roller coaster of emotions. I was feeling elated Tuesday through Thursday, and then took the plunge toward depression on Friday. It's also my hubby's 40th birthday weekend - we leave for Las Vegas tomorrow. It's hard to get excited.

Yes, once again, it's about work. Again, I can't go into details (you never know who may be reading this), but on Tuesday I found out some wonderful news. Wonderful news that affected this person at work who has made my life a living hell the past 7 months. I'm sure most people have dealt with something like this - a person who just loves to boss people around (even though they most certainly are not your boss), criticize everything you do, and try to find fault in the things you do - WHY? because you do it well, and everyone knows it. They know you can do it better than that person.

Anyway, I found out that this person did not get the upgraded position they were just dying for. And you should have seen and heard the bitterness this entire week. It was a complete slap in the face to them, but I was just giddy. I celebrated every day, until Friday. Friday I learned that the bigwigs of the company decided that because of things that are happening in our department, that it would be a good idea if someone could help oversee things, temporarily. You know where this is going right? Yep, that person got the upgrade. Unbelievable. With all the sh*t this person has done, and all the work not done, they get a promotion.

There's been a lot of stress at work the past two months, so this was just the icing on the cake. Of course, this person had to come over to where I was sitting and go on and on about it to everyone in the vicinity. I contained myself until they left, but soon after, I just got teary eyed. It's very disappointing.

Actually, the icing on the cake is when they came back an hour later to talk to me about how they just came up with an idea and will work with another team to implement it - knowing full well that I had already talked to the team the day before about the same thing - with the same idea. But of course, they took credit and tried to make it sound like I was against the whole thing - unfortunately, I wasn't invited to the meeting when this process was discussed the second time. Evil - this person is just so evil. The nerve to come to my face and tell me that they came up with the idea that I had just 24 hours ago. I was so angry, I wanted to submit a 1 hour notice to my boss and quit right there and then.

So, I pray to the Vegas gods, please let me win the MegaBucks this weekend. Anything over $1 million. I'll even take $500,000. Just let me get the heck out of my company with enough financial freedom for one year. Just one year! So that I can find something else, or start up something of my own. Please?

I vented all night long to my poor hubby. I promised to myself not to mention it anymore this weekend. It's his weekend - and I want us both to be happy. My plans in Vegas are all ready and confirmed. We just need to get on that plane tomorrow and not look back for a few days. We both need it.

No comments: