Sunday, January 06, 2008

One week (almost) down, 51 to go

I'm still in denial that it's 2008 already. The week between Christmas and New Years flew by, and if not for the picture evidence, it would have been a blur. No, I wasn't drunk the whole week.

One of my best friends from college was up from LA for a visit (finally). With his visit came the excuse to party! Gathering the troupes, we had a wonderful (and surprisingly cheap) dinner at one of our favorite sushi restaurants. A short visit to our condo for champagne and dessert. A brisk walk to the perfect spot near the Bay Bridge for the fireworks with four minutes to spare. It was just enough time for everyone to have a quick swig (impromptu toasts) from the champagne we brought along. It was beautiful.

The next day was quietly enjoyed with my friend and watching reruns of America's Next Top Model. After realizing that there were only a couple of hours of sunlight left, we drove around the city - quick tours of Golden Gate Park, Sea Cliff, Pacific Heights, and a quick hike through Fort Miley. We ended off the day with a delicious dinner at 21st Amendment, and then a sad goodbye to my friend as we dropped him off.

Wednesday brought the first full day of work for me since mid-December. My goodness, the day sitting at the computer was LONG! Thank goodness, I only had to work Wednesday and Thursday. Friday was my regular day off (my schedule allows me to work an extra hour each day to get every other Friday off). I was lucky with the timing of this Friday because of the rainstorms. I did not want to have to wait for the train in that weather. I could only shake my head as I looked out the window at the strong winds that whipped through the trees, and the sheets of rain that pummeled our back yard dog walk area. Not surprisingly, I didn't see a single dog out there that day.

Today, I'm enjoying the first weekend of the new year. I've managed to keep my lazy butt in front of the computer the last couple of weeks and totally catch up on all three seasons of Ghost Hunters, and finish the rest of what I missed of Most Haunted (all seven seasons worth). I'm so proud...

Monday brings my first full week of work. Ugh...



No comments: