Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer of movies

The shows are on summer break, so what better time to go to the movies? This is rare. I think we've seen more movies in the theater these past few months than in the last few years! They have some good stuff out there.

Iron Man - GREAT movie. Recommend to everyone. I love Robert Downey, Jr.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - It was ok. I like the other films better.
Sex and the City - LOVED IT! If you love the show - go see the movie. That's all I'm gonna say.

Now We're waiting for The Dark Knight to come out. I hope it's awesome, because the trailers have me on the edge of my seat.

As far as catch up DVDs...

Marie Antoinette - didn't like it, but I loved the costumes and the shots at Versailles.
Grindhouse - if you like mindless blood and guts, go for it. I didn't like it.
I Now Pronounce you Chuck & Larry - good, funny, another good Adam Sandler movie.
Knocked Up - predictable, but it's good. Not hysterical funny, but good.
Office Space - "Work Sucks" e'nuf said.
Ju-On: The Grudge 2 - once is enough, not necessary.
Shrek the Third - like the first two better.
Fracture - it was OK. Not necessary.
Disturbia - frustrating. So many other things the character could have done differently.
Seasons one and two of Dead Like Me - great show. Big plot holes that should not have happened. Waiting for the DVD movie to come out this year.

Starting to watch Wonderfalls. Only watched the pilot episode so far. Kind of like Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies style of show. We'll see...

No comments: