Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Business trip

I just came back from a trip to San Luis Obispo. We have offices down that way and I had to go through testing to pass security and get a special badge.

To make a long, hectic story short... I drove down Sunday afternoon, went through my testing on Monday, packed and was ready to go on Tuesday morning when I received a call that they needed to ask me some more questions. I managed to get the interview schedule for Wed morning.

Still - on Tuesday, I scrambled to find another hotel because the original one I was staying at was booked, and they didn't expect me to need to stay one extra night. So, I moved over to a new hotel - but not before getting a little lunch and managing to lock my car keys in the trunk of the car. Sigh... Luckily, my work sent someone from the office who got the door open and pushed that magical little button to pop open the trunk. WHEW!!!

The stay overall was very nice. The hotels were in Pismo beach and at my first hotel, I literally walked 20 feet and was on the powder soft sand. They even had a swing set - right there on the beach. There's nothing like being on a swing, feet brushing sand, and watching a magnificent sunset in the distance.

Anyway, it was a long drive, but I'm proud of myself for doing it. I've never driven that long a distance by myself before. I used to drive from San Diego to San Francisco all the time during college, but I always had people with me.

No comments: