Sunday, May 20, 2012

To my dearest Dylan...

My dear baby girl, in a couple of weeks your little brother will be joining our family.  Not a day has gone by in the last year that I don't wish you were here.  How different things would be if we had been able to do something that would have helped you to stay with us.

We would have celebrated your first birthday and you'd probably be walking and talking by now.  I see other families on the street with their baby girls and my heart aches for you, my angel. 

As Connor gets ready to make his grand entrance to the world. we've been preparing for life with baby.   So many things we planned for last year, but stopped, we had to complete now. 

I actually had a baby shower.  So many caring friends who mourned with us last year, gathered this year to celebrate in anticipation of your little brother.  Friday was my last day at work.  I've officially started  my maternity leave.  Your memory still in everyone's hearts, but they look forward to a new life for this little family - one that will start with tears of happiness this time.  I want to do the same, but it's so very hard.  I don't want to let you go.

I look around at what would have been your room and see all the cute pink things now replaced with blues and greens.  Your little leopard shoes are now storage.  In their place on the shelf, a little bunny dressed in blue.  A little bit of you for your little brother.  You were my little bunny.  Connor will be year of the Dragon. 

Oh my Dylan, how much I wish you were here in my arms today.  How I wish there was something I could have done for you.  All I can do is believe that you know how much you are loved, and that you will always be remembered as our first child.  Our precious baby girl.

I love you.  Forever and always.


No comments: