Monday, November 14, 2005

The Rolling Stones

Friday night, my hubby and I took a little walk around our neighborhood after dinner at 21st Amendment. If you haven't been there - go and try it. It's very good. Pizza seems like the 'it' thing to order there - but I went for the Buffalo Chicken Cobb Salad instead. Warm and tangy Buffalo Chicken chunks over a green salad, complete with bacon pieces, avocado, and hard boiled egg - all with a delicious bleu cheese dressing. I loved it. In fact, last night, I made my own version of it at home. YUM! Also, their calamari is one of the best I've had. The batter is light and crispy - not heavy like most places. It's a very simple restaurant/brewery. There are big screen TVs blasting the latest basketball game. It's loud. The bar area is crowded. It's a nice local joint that not too expensive and serves good food.

Anyway, back to my story. We went for a walk after dinner and then went around SBC Park. There was some big commotion going on. All the lights were on, people all over the place. We went around to the 'free viewing' areas at McCovey Cove - and saw that the the entire field was covered with white planks/boards - and a massive stage being constructed. Then it clicked. The Rolling Stones were coming to town! We didn't have tickets, but we knew, from when GreenDay was here, we could just walk on over and catch a "free show" from the outside of the stadium.



So, last night, my hubby and I walked over to SBC Park again, but this time, over to the bridge area and we could see the giant screens built over the awesome stage. From that angle, we found that you don't get any echo. It was pure music. It was loud. It was awesome. I only knew a couple of songs, but it was interesting to people watch. There were fans in their 50's and there were the little fans who couldn't be more than 8 or 10. At one point, fire shot out from the two towers that surrounded the stage, and at the very end - beautiful fireworks. Very cool. Fabulous entertainment for the evening. Not a bad way to end a long weekend.

No comments: