Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tis the season...

Can't believe the holidays are almost upon us! This year has flown by so fast, but every year seems too short when you know Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner. Best part right now? Gingerbread Latte's from Starbucks! I had my first of many to come yesterday morning. Just waiting until I can take a break to go get my coffee to today. They used to have a wonderful Cinnamon Spice Latte, but they haven't offered it in a few years. But the Gingerbread Latte - Mmmm...

So many events to look forward to. My college roommate's wedding is THIS weekend! WHOO HOO! I've got my bridesmaid gown altered, my shoes are broken in, I've picked out a hairstyle too. Just need to pack it all for Friday's trip. Yea! Got the plane tickets, hotel and car reservations. Have to remember to put new batteries in my camera. Hubby will be the photographer this event.

Thanksgiving is next weekend. Can't believe it! Our tradition, since we've been married, is that my family and his family gathers for a huge feast and game night. My in-law's like the traditional, eat at home, holiday gatherings. My family prefers dining out. So, we compromise. Thanksgiving at my in-laws. Christmas, we all go out. I must admit, I do

I have a wonderful recipe for lemon meringue pie - I've actually changed it to be served as individual tarts - homemade crust and everything. Work has been so busy, I really don't feel like making them this year. I admit, I'm worn out. And these tarts are not that easy to make. I should have just stuck to the big pie format - but everyone seems to like having their own individual one. It's a prettier presentation too. The crust has to be just right, the meringue has to be just right. The only part that's easy to make out of the whole process is the lemon part. Oh well, we'll see how I feel next week. I never make them until the night before they're needed.

I need to concentrate on my Christmas projects too. I completed two - and haven't gone back. No time! I need to put together a little 'Bridal Emergency kit' tonight (safety pins, Shout wipes, white thread and needle, etc) and then I can concentrate on the sewing for a few hours.

Oops! Time for my break! Gingerbread Latte - here I come!



No comments: