Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What the ?!?

I finally found a new radio station at work where I actually get a strong reception, so for once, the music I like comes through nice and clear - and I don't have to adjust my dial every few hours. I'm thinking SCORE!

Problem is that in between every song, they run station plugs and commercials. Lots of commercials.

Normally I just tune out the 'non-music' parts, but this commercial caught my attention. It's about becoming a surrogate mother. A young sounding girl says, "I've been a surrogate mother three times. If you like being pregnant, like I do, then I'd like to talk to you..." What the hell kind of commercial is that?

This is a station that is obviously aimed for the younger crowd - the commercials mainly consist of ads for modeling casting calls, acne medication, and certain movies.

... but plugging surrogate motherhood? Are you kidding me?

No comments: