Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Slowly crawling to the finish line

I'm still working on my sweater. I'm so close, but it still seems like the end is so far away! After finishing the sleeves, the next step is to sew the shoulder seams together. I binded off the wrong part on the front panel of the sweater! Unbelievable. I had stitch holders where they should have been binded off, and then it was binded off where the stitch holder was supposed to be.

I had been staring at the front and back panels of the sweater and couldn't figure out how on earth I was supposed to sew the shoulder seams together, and when I realize what I had screwed up on, well, there is no nice way to describe how I felt.

I had already cut the yarn on that part too. I tried to undo the binded off section, but it wasn't working out for me, so I ended up unraveling about two rows and then adding more yarn, managed to bind off where I should have in the first place, and then hallelujah, sewed the shoulder seams together. Whoo hoo!

Now, I'm working on the second to last part of the sweater. The hood. Thirteen inches to go, and then I can sew the whole thing together - and I'll be done!!!

I can't wait to start on my Christmas projects. They're small items this time, so they shouldn't take me too long. I've been concentrating on the sweater so much that I haven't made anything else since those little baby hats and booties in September.

I have tons of yarn, so my hubby has banned me from buying anymore until I actually use up some of it first. Well, darn it, I'll just have to knit more!!!

No comments: