Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I don't understand

I've got an hour left at work. I'm tired. I'm grouchy. And now I'm nauseated. Why? Because someone on my floor apparently likes to bathe himself in cologne. I don't know him, but I'm sure he thinks he's being polite by stepping away from his cube and standing near the break area to make his personal phone calls. But my cube is near the break area - not only can I hear his conversation - I am breathing nothing but stinky cologne. MY GOD! I have my fan on full blast to get some air, but it's not helping much. Why do people do that?

I've always heard that if you can smell the perfume or cologne on yourself after an hour, then you're wearing too much. I don't think this guy's nose functions anymore. His sinuses have probaby shriveled up by now. I wonder how much he spends on cologne every year?

Yes, I'm annoyed that I'm sitting here, working away, and this comes in to invade my space. I guess I should just thank my lucky stars that I don't sit next to the guy.

On a much happier note, I've been busy planning a bachelorette weekend for my good friend. She has four bridesmaids - and I'm one of them. So, together with one other bridesmaid, we're handling this party, and the other two are handling the bridal shower next month.

We're heading down to Capitola on Saturday. It's threatening to rain here in San Francisco, so I don't know if it will affect anything over the weekend. But if we don't end up going to the beach, that's fine with me. I'm not in my bikini shape right now. We have lots of games planned, dinner reservations, a list of bars and clubs... I think we're set. I can't wait!

No comments: