Friday, November 17, 2006

Did you get your PS3 yet?

Well, neither have I. And those few who answered "Yes," I commend your dedication.

I drove past the Metreon here in SF last night, where they have a Sony Playstation store, and let me tell you... it was utter chaos. CRAZY!!! They blocked off the entire street for the event. Hundreds of people everywhere. There were those spotlights shining all over the sky, a live band - and God only knows what else.

According to our local paper, people were waiting before 8am on Wednesday to get a spot in another line on Thursday at 8am - just so that they could buy the PS3 at midnight Friday.

As much as I like gaming, I don't think I'm that dedicated. I would like to 'try' it in the store one day though. Just to see the graphics. But it doesn't play my old PS2 games, so that was a big deterrent for me.

Ah well, to those who got their hands on one - Congratulations.

No comments: