Saturday, December 23, 2006

A whole lot of shakin' going on

Within the past few days, we've had three earthquakes. Small ones ranging from 3.7 to 3.5. The first was a few nights ago. We were in the living room, and I heard a loud 'crack' from the building and a hard jolt. That freaked me out.

Last night, while wrapping some gifts, my hubby comes into the room and asks if I'm ok. Apparently, there was another hard jolt like the night before, but I didn't feel a thing. GOOD!

I've been sick the last few days, so when I'm asleep, I'm really knocked out - so I missed another on at 9am this morning.

We found this website that reports earthquake activities in California and Nevada. It's pretty cool, and the information comes up fairly soon after the quake hits. http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

I'm concerned why we're getting so many quakes from the same fault in such a short time. On one hand, which is what my hubby thinks, it's good that the ground is shifting on it's own to adjust itself so pressure doesn't build for a big quake. Yet on the other hand, it could just be getting ready to blow the huge quake that everyone has been saying will come in the next 30 years, since the 1989 shake up. I guess I'll take the small ones than the one big one.

No comments: