Thursday, March 22, 2007

Why do people do this?

I received a letter postmarked from the U.K. today. They said that someone had opened some kind of account back in 1990, and died in 1999. Since then, this auditing company has been searching for the next of kin. There was no will or anything, and since I happen to have the same last name - they're assuming I'm family. (I only have one of the most common Chinese last names, by the way) They're asking me to contact them to arrange for transfer of $15.5 million dollars to my account. Uh, right.

I did a little search online and found that someone else received this exact same letter. The initials of the deceased weren't even changed. Only the last name. People are so pathetic.

Not much to report on the knitting front these days. I've gotten over my flu, and it has turned into a nasty cold. Lately, I've been going to bed at midnight and then waking up at 11am the next day - don't know why I'm so exhausted, but geez, I didn't think I could sleep 11 hours straight! And I could also get very used to this not working thing. Of course, I'm much better at this moment, so I'm most likely going back to work tomorrow (right in time for Friday).

Oddly enough, I've spend my entire 3 sick days at home watching The Real Housewives of the OC marathons, and anything on the Food Network. In my illness, I've been inspired to cook again. I made beef and cheese stuffed manicotti, raspberry cream cupcakes, and sausages and lentils. Anything from Everyday Italian or Nigella Bites - you know it will be gooooood.

Hubby is at his bowling night - and then will go play poker with some friends afterwards. I think I'll do some laundry and then take my meds and conk out earlier tonight. 6:30am alarm tomorrow again. I hate work.


No comments: