Sunday, May 06, 2007

It's picture Sunday!

Just finally downloaded all my pics from my camera, so now I can share!

Here are the delightfully pink and purple knitting needles I bought yesterday from Daiso Japan. I love them. Haven't tried them yet - but I love them. These are size 6mm and 7mm needles (Japanese sizing). I figured the 6mm is equivalent to a US size 10, and the 7mm is maybe 10.75 US. There is no exact size that matched the 7mm Japanese needle. Ahh well. It's pink, I don't care. Hee hee...




And check out these weird food items!

This is Dragon Beard Candy. Can't believe I found a website on this, but it describes it the best. Click on the video to see it created! This is from my anniversary dinner with my parents.



And here are some pictures of very weird fruit that my dad bought us. I have no idea what either of them is called, but aren't they just... well, odd? The red one was absolutely gorgeous. It was a maroon collor on the outside - very smooth skin, and the inside was bright, bright white with black seeds. It was delicious. Not too sweet, but very juicy. You simply scrape out the flesh right up to the pinkish skin.





The green thing - well, not so good. It was also a fruit, but too dry inside. And I wasn't sure what I was supposed to eat, and what not to eat. There was a layer of something that was almost like a cream between the skin and the fleshy part of the fruit - no clue. And it didn't look very appetizing inside either. I like the heart shape though.



1 comment:

Monte Kitty said...

Shockingly enough, they sell them at Koi Palace in Serremonte now! They do the demonstrations on the weekends during the dim sum hours. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it, but I think my dad called and asked them to hold two boxes for us from that afternoon.