Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What's in my broken heart

Glee is one of my favorite shows.  In the latest episode, the sister of Sue Sylvester (one of the characters) had passed away and they had a funeral for her.  During the funeral, Sue tried to give this speech.  It was the hardest 5 minutes of TV my husband and I had to sit through.  The speech fully expressed what we currently (and will always) feel in our hearts for the loss of Dylan.


We miss our daughter every day.  Every minute.  We love our baby girl.

"...When you love someone like I loved her, there’s a part of you it’s like you’re attached by this invisible tether, and no matter how far away you are you can always feel them. And now every time I reach for that tether I know there’s no one on the other end, and I feel like I’m falling into nothingness.

...I miss my sister so much it feels like piece of me has been ripped off. Just one more time I want to hold her. Just ten more seconds— is that too much to ask? For ten more seconds to hold her? But I can’t and I won’t and the only thing keeping me from being swallowed whole by sadness is that Jean would kill me if I did. So for now I’m just going to miss her."

No comments: