Saturday, April 30, 2005

Celebrity Watch

My hubby and I wanted to do something for ourselves for our anniversary. Dinner has and was going to be covered by our families, so we decided to have a nice lunch. The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus has always been one of my favorite restaurants. I've been going there with my parents for years. When I got married, of course, the lunches became fewer, and my husband doesn't believe in spending over $20 per person for lunch. I had never thought about how much it really was. When I was younger, my parents always paid. So, now that we're footing our own bills, The Rotunda is our 'special occasion' place.

So, yesterday, we decided to have a special lunch and headed over to The Rotunda. I had the lobster club - my favorite. Huge chunks of fresh lobster with tomatoes and orange peppers served club sandwich style. If you ever go there, I highly recommend it. Their short ribs special is also fabulous. The meat is so tender, it literally melts in your mouth. But yesterday, I had to have the lobster club.

While we were leaving the restaurant, my hubby points out that Emerald Yeh is sitting in one of the booths. Emerald was one of the local news reporters for San Francisco TV. I haven't seen her in a while, but then again, I usually read CNN.com - so I really don't know who is reporting the news on TV anymore.

We had a pleasant afternoon walking around downtown San Francisco. I bought a new bathing suit for our white water rafting trip later this July. I figured, it's bad when you take pictures every trip, but then can't tell which trip is which because you're wearing the same thing every year! So, this year, I'll be able to tell.

As we were driving home, we passed by the Four Seasons Hotel on Geary Blvd. There was an SUV double parked and several people were getting out. One of them is none other than Joe Montana! Former quarterback for the SF 49ers. I actually saw him before at an LA airport. I stood behind him in line getting magazines. He is very handsome in real life. And there he was again! He went ahead into the hotel first, while his wife, Jennifer, took care of the details of the valet parking.

So, that was my celebrity report!

No comments: