Sunday, October 09, 2005

Another project update

Time to change my header again. I'm not crazy about fall - so I couldn't find any pictures I wanted to use - so I skipped straight to winter. I'm not a huge fan of winter either, but Christmas is my favorite holiday - go figure. So, I'm trying to get myself into the Christmas spirit early. Besides, I need the motivation...

My sweater is slowly coming along. Managed to join in my beige yarn, and now I'm working on 4-1/2" of the light blue yarn. I should be at a point to put in another three rows of beige and then back to the darker blue soon. I left several inches of extra yarn from where each color joins the next. I hope I didn't screw it up.



My other project, the 'secret' Christmas gift is coming along. I have all the pieces ready, now I just have to sew them together. Can't reveal what it is yet, but here's a small portion of it.



Now I have to make, let me see... GASP! Five more!!!

The stupid thread came out a little gray in very small spots, but it's noticable on the light pink fabric. I think after this 'eh em' is finished, I'll wash it to see if the gray comes out. I'm guessing it's oil from some parts of the machine - so it should come out.

Poor hubby has been trying to watch TV while I'm in the background sewing away and trying to watch too. Every once in a while I stop and ask him, "So, what happened? What did they say?" Yeah, he just gives me 'the look'. Hee hee...

No comments: