Monday, October 17, 2005

Beautiful day... missed it all

I left work around 5:30p today. Purse in one hand, my lunch sack, and for lack of a better term, my briefcase/bag thing for papers. In other words, a bag full of work I was bringing home to do.

Anyway, I walked out of my office building and this beautiful warm air hit my face. There was a slight breeze that just made it so comfortable to walk through - yeah, for the half block it takes to get me from the door of the building to the underground MUNI station.

I brought my lunch to work today - which I rarely do. My friends tell me it's good to bring my lunch because then I can save a lot of money. Which is true. The average lunch in San Francisco runs around $5 - $6. On the occasions I meet up with friends, lunch can go up to $10. Because I brought my lunch today, I ended up only spending $1.50 for my ride home. But the drawback, I never went outside. I heated up my rice and chicken, and worked through the hour and beyond.

No packed lunch tomorrow. I'm going out into the world. Hopefully, the weather will hold up and I'll get to enjoy a little sunshine.

Tomorrow night, my friend and I are going to try Paragon Restaurant. We're doing a very late celebration for her birthday. Not that I forgot. Lucky her - she got to go to NY for her birthday weekend, and our schedules didn't mesh until tomorrow night. I've never been there before - but the menu looks pretty tasty. I hope it's good!

No comments: