Friday, October 14, 2005

Drama is over... I hope

After a few days of being miserable whenever my husband talked about the Europe trip, I've finally come to the conclusion that - we're going. I am going to see Paris and London - no matter how long or short. I should just accept it and move on. It's always going to be there - we can always go back. Start planning what to do in the short time we're there. I'm very lucky that we get to go at all.

Since my last entry, the plans have changed so many times that I've lost count - and it's only been a few days! Paris was cut down to 4 full days, and 1 full day in London. After a tantrum on my part - and at that point, I didn't care if I was being selfish anymore. If my hubby was going to be silly about the whole thing and didn't realize that I didn't wait 10 years just to spend 4 days in Paris and 1 day in London - he definitely heard about it. As he said, we have to sacrifice sometimes. True - but in this case I thought about it and couldn't understand WHY? Why do I have to sacrifice my dream trip? He's been to Paris, I have not. He doesn't really care if we go to London. Well, hello? His wife cares. I was about to book a trip for myself and go for two weeks on my own - one week in Paris, one week in London. The trip we were 'supposed' to take this year. I would take the portion that would have been his ticket and do some shopping.

Anyway, after a lot of bitching, he got back on the phone - and at this point, the best he could do is 3 days in Belgrade, on the fourth day we fly to London (get there around 3pm), spend one night. Then we take the train to Paris and spend 6 nights there. On the 7th day, we take the train back to London - so if we leave earlier in the morning, I can probably manage almost 2 full days. On the 3rd day in London, we fly home.

It's better than nothing. It just frustrated me that I had to get mad before he really 'heard' me. He didn't understand how unhappy I was the way 'our' trip was being planned and he didn't realize how important this trip was to me. It's not like I haven't talked to him about it for the past 10 years. Every anniversary is like a countdown to this trip. I bring it up all the time anyone mentions Europe. All my friends know that is my plan. Anyway... it's booked, finalized. This is it.

In other news, I finally submitted my resume for another position at my company. I've been over my resume over and over and over - and just can't think of anything more I can do to polish it up - so it will have to do. Hopefully, I'll get an interview and be better able to 'sell' myself that way.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

drama queen said...

sounds like you've finalized your trip. i have to agree w/ you, 1 day in london is nothing!! so hopefully you'll get to stay longer....

congrats on your 5 year wedding anniversary (10 year total). i've known J. (BF) about that long. almost 11! geez! time flies!