Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Farewell to a crazy man

I've never really sat down and watched a full show of Steve Irwin's, but I knew his work. I knew he was an animal conservationalist who was so full of enthusiasm that half the time I thought he was crazy to be doing half of what he was doing. But you know what? He brought awareness to his cause for animals. And it's so heartbreaking to hear he died while filming a new show for kids. At least that's what the latest news report I read wrote. Struck in the heart by a startled stingray.

I was never a huge fan, but I'm still sad for the loss. I guess we never understand people who are so enthusiastic about something that they live and breathe it. But in the end, see all the reaction from his death, he really touched a lot of people. I feel so sorry for his wife and two young children.

Farewell Steve Irwin.

No comments: