Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A moving tribute

Haven't been feeling very 'bloggy' lately. Been busy with work, and then trying to catch up on our TV shows over the weekend. In addition to our old favorites that are starting up again, we've been 'testing' the new shows. So far, I like Standoff and Shark. I'm still undecided on Justice. I've got several other new shows on tape that we haven't watched yet - so testing season isn't over yet.

I've also been busy trying to book a beach house in Santa Cruz for a bachelorette party. Found plenty of gorgeous homes right on the beach. Problem is that many don't want to just rent it out for one night. Most have a two or three night minimum requirement. And what is with this 10% additional lodging charge??? Getting stressed out, but trying not to let it get to me too much. It's just booking a place - the fun will happen once we're there. I can't make it perfect for everyone.

I watched the memorial for Steve Irwin last week on Animal Planet. I only caught the last 20
minutes or so, but it was very sad. I was bawling for a few minutes when his 8 year old daughter gave her little speech. What a brave girl! In a way, because he was "The Crocodile Hunter" their children will get to see their father in videos, doing what he did best. And they'll get to look back and see what an impact he had on the world.

Anyway, before I get depressed again... I've been working on my sweater. One sleeve is done. The other is about half. So, I'm getting there!!! Soon, I'll be able to stitch on the two sleeves, and then finish up the hood - and that's it!!!

No comments: