Saturday, July 14, 2007

I think I can!

I bought this book, "Holiday Knits" by Allison Isaacs and Sara Lucas.

From the moment I got this book, I told myself that I was going to make every single item in it. Everything is so cute. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the holiday theme. Maybe it has great pictures that make everything just so appealling. Whatever it is, despite my very busy schedule, I decided to take a break today and knit the baby poncho.

I am not an advanced knitter, but I'm not a beginner either. Other than something just taking time, I can follow a pattern and complete my projects.

Let me tell you, I must be having a very bad day or something because I started that poncho over three times, and finally gave up. Then I tried a baby bootie. That has also been frogged. The needles have been put back in there place. The used yarn wrapped around the remaining skeins. It was very frustrating. The patterns weren't clear and didn't make sense.

The pictures in this book are gorgeous. The book itself is not cheaply made - nor was it cheap. The designs in there are just yummy - but the patterns. Geez!!! I wish I were good enough at my knitting where I could get an idea for something and make up my own pattern. I depend so much on instructions that this really frustrates me - because I don't know how to make all these things I want to make now.

Maybe I'll be brave and try it again another day. Knitting usually relaxes me. Not tonight unfortunately. Bummer.

No comments: