Saturday, August 04, 2007

Feeling sheepish

Well, I restarted that baby poncho almost 9 times during my Tahoe trip. NINE!!! I was so frustrated that I even joined a knitting forum for help. As I was writing my plea for help, it suddenly dawned on me what had been wrong and why the pattern wasn't working for me. I was adding an extra stitch to one of the steps. DUH!!!

It's amazing how my eyes played tricks on me for this one. Geez. Now I feel so silly. Yes, I screwed up and misread the pattern. My bad.

So, now I'm working on this beautiful little poncho that I hope to have completed by next Saturday. I'm going to meet my friend for dinner and I want to be able to give this poncho to her daughter.

What else have I been working on? Well, we saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (FINALLY). I loved it. Then I finished rereading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Now I'm starting on the seventh and final book of the saga, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm taking my time - I don't want it to end.

I've also been working on other projects. I get bored easily, so I always have a few things going at the same time.

1. Doggie sweater



2. Stuffed airplane



3. Another version on the stuffed elephant - this one will be in an Oakland A's baseball uniform.




Of all things, I don't have any picture of the poncho yet. I'll get one posted soon.

No comments: