Monday, October 01, 2007

NyQuil is my best friend

Ok, not so much. I'm still waking up at night coughing. I've been suffering from this cold since Thursday - and only today have I not been hacking my lungs out.

So many things have been going on at work. I think my body just finally told me to slow down. And what better way to do it than to make it physically impossible to breathe through my nose, and to totally lose my voice from coughing so much? Seriously, frogs sound much better than I do right now.

What sucks about the timing of all this? Our company hosts a flu shot clinic one day every year. And I have to get my flu shot. The one year I didn't get it, I was out with the flu for almost three weeks.

Wouldn't you know it? The flu shot day is this Thursday. I can't get the shot while I'm sick. ARGH!!! So, instead of the groovy $5 I would normally pay, I'll have to take time off and probably go find some other clinic to get the shot for $25. Frustrating.

So, this was nothing more than a venting blog today. Sorry folks. I haven't done much in knitting or anything crafty lately. The new TV season has started, so we've just been couch potatoes every night the last week.

We did manage to get in a few movies though. Stranger Than Fiction and Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. Both were actually pretty funny. I really liked Stranger Than Fiction though, which surprises me because I'm not a huge Will Ferrell fan. That one I would recommend.

No comments: