Saturday, October 20, 2007

What the?!


I'm a huge fan of the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. Last night, there was a Most Haunted Live special - 7 hours straight at the house. Wonderful! I set my recorder and looked forward to, what I hoped would be, a ghost filled TV experience.




So, this morning, because of work, I was up by 6:30am. Because I have my BlackBerry, I didn't have to sit at my computer waiting for emails all day. I turned on the TV and started the ghost hunt.

Luckily, I had watched a couple hours of the program last night already, so I was able to forward through a big part of it, and through all the annoying 'host' commentary.

I don't know if any of it was true or staged, but it's a hoot thinking that a place I've been to could possibly have all this ghostly activity happening. Through all the tapping, bumps, and wailing, I was so looking forward to the midnight seance.

With only one hour left in the show - which would have been at midnight had I watched it live, the show suddenly cut off and went to an infomercial about hunting knives. WHAT?!

A quick search on the Travel Channel site and I found out that most of us on the West Coast lost our final hour of the show. Frustrating. I searched the TV guide to see if the show would replay any time between now and Halloween - and luckily, the last two hours of the show will be shown again tonight. Whew! So, once again, I've set my recorder.

The show really was fascinating. As much as I love visiting that house, I would NEVER do the flashlight tour. You couldn't pay me to go in there at night. Whether it really is haunted or not, I'll just enjoy the fantasy that it could be on TV.

I'm "on call" for just another hour and 45 mins. Counting down the minutes on my Saturday. Sigh...

No comments: