Friday, November 02, 2007

Weird night

It didn't feel that cold while I was walking from the Muni station to work, but there it was... I could see my breath. Puffs of mist coming from my nose as I hustled it to the doors of the high rise.

So, I just have to say (total change of subject here) that I am so proud of my hubby! He's been a bowler for years, and last night he bowled a perfect game of 300! Whoo hoo! He gets a free ring to commemorate the occasion. I'm so proud of him! I only wish I was there to see it.

Another change of subject - I'm totally into the Most Haunted series now. It's all so cheesy, but when you get into it and the room is quiet - the noises they hear really get to me. Last night, I discovered that they have snippets of episodes on Comcast OnDemand. It's free, so why not?
Hubby was bowling, and he doesn't like the show - so I settled onto the couch to get scared for a couple of hours.

Well, what we've been experiencing lately is that at random times, only when watching OnDemand, the cable box resets itself. It's so annoying!!! With that said, I was watching an episode of Most Haunted that was really 'intense' and suddenly, the picture went out - but I could still hear them talking. Then the power to the cable box completely cut off. Then came back on, but no picture. Then cut off again, and then came back on again. Then I had to wait for the all the channels to reload.

Of course, under normal television viewing, it would have just been a huge annoyance. But while watching Most Haunted? Of course it was the ghost in the machine that was messing with me. After a minute of freaking out that my TV was possessed, I calmed down. Turned off the TV and decided that Most Haunted would have to wait until my hubby came home.

So, I went on the computer. I love computer games and I had downloaded several of them from Real Arcade (love them!). So I was playing for about an hour and suddenly the power to the computer just shut off. Totally went dead. There was panic, confusion, frustration, feeling majorly annoyed, and then finally panic again.

The first panic, of course, was because my computer must now be possessed by a ghost who's messing with me. After getting over that, it was the usual feelings anyone may feel when their computer bombs while you're in the middle of something. Then the panic came back when I the realization that my hard drive may have completely crashed and I lost everything. AAACCCKKK!!!

When my hubby came home, it was such a relief because I knew the ghost in the TV couldn't get me anymore, and it would just be the cable box if the picture when out again. He also calmed me down about the PC. The fact that the power just shut down probably meant that the power supply blew. Not the hard drive. If the hard drive crashed, it wouldn't power down the machine. The fans would still be going. WHEW!!!

What a dramatic night. Ghosts and goblins everywhere - and Halloween was over already. Geez!

No comments: