Monday, March 01, 2010

Last minute AGAIN!

My goodness!  Why do I do this to myself?  February seemed to just drag on and on, and before I knew it, it was the last weekend of the month!  Did I cook anything from my Cooking Goals list?  Nope.  Had I even picked anything yet?  Nope.  Last minute decision, roast lamb.  I couldn't find lamb shank like I wanted, so we ended up with a lamb roast.  Close enough. 

I usually read the recipe beforehand, but again, got lazy and only printed it out when I was ready to cook on Saturday afternoon.  Focus in on two words that blew my plans...Marinate overnight.  Ah well... no lamb on Saturday.

After a full night of marinating in a whole bottle of red wine, almost a full head of garlic, and lots of lemon juice and various spices, our purple lamb was finally in the oven.  Yep, the wine turned the meat purple.  Kinda gross, but also amusing.  Two hours later, along with preparing some sauteed mushrooms and some Mediterranean style couscous, we had a fantastic meal. 

So, I just made the deadline - AGAIN.  

Not sure what do to for March yet.  We're heading off to Oahu in three weeks (so excited).  I may need to exchange one of my listed dishes for something a bit lighter.  I just realized that I'm picking off all the meat dishes first and then what's left is a lot of cream based desserts.  Hmmm... 

No comments: