Sunday, December 09, 2007

Melted for The Melting Pot

Last night, our friends gathered for our annual Christmas feast. This year we chose The Melting Pot. It's an all fondue style restaurant I had seen them rave over on The Girls Next Door. Let me tell you, it's not cheap, but it was sooooo good. I definitely want to go back there.

They have a four course dinner that consists of a cheese fondue (you get some fruits, veggies and bread to dip), then a salad, then an entree 'set' (chicken, filet mignion, port, shrimp...) with a broth based fondue to cook your food (kind like Chinese hot pot, but with little skewers instead of little basket ladles), and then a chocolate fondue complete with fruits, brownies, cheesecake... oh my gosh!

There are several varieties of the fondue itself you can choose too. My favorite (but I forgot what it's called) is the one that comes with the Big Night menu. It had two kinds of cheese, white wine, roasted garlic, shallots, and dates. Oh and a spritz of white truffle oil. They prepare all the fondues on the table - so I remembered this one. YUM! So, it's not just a simple bowl of melted cheese on your table. It's gooood stuff.

It's definitely fun for a group, but I think my hubby and I would be able to handle it on our own too. Hee hee...

No comments: