Sunday, December 02, 2007

Keeping busy

I can't believe it's December already. I've been frantically knitting away, trying to finish a baby sweater for Christmas. I've done the body and now I'm working on the first sleeve.

Check it out!







Originally, I was making a baby blanket that had multicolored patches with polka dots and strips. Very cute and very ambitious... and so frustrating. I got through about 8 inches of it, and then realized that it took me about 30 minutes to knit 1 row, and then another 10 or 15 minutes to untangle all the little bobbins of yarn. Even though I started earlier this year, I would never get it finished in time.

From a knitting book I received as a birthday gift, I found this cute argyle sweater pattern. It's going to be a present to my college roommate's baby, Gavin. It will be his first Christmas.

No comments: