Saturday, December 22, 2007

What to do next?

So, I looked at my stash of unfinished projects and would you believe it? I only have one! The doggie sweater I started earlier in the year. I really don't like how it's coming out, so I may just rip the whole thing and start over. I've learned better techniques in the time I last touched the sweater. I think I will start over.

I like having the option of several projects going on at once, so I've started a new baby sweater. This one will also be for Gavin - but for his 1st birthday in March. I don't have to rush through this one. It's from a Japanese pattern book that I first saw on Cosmopolitan Purls. Check out her blog. She is soooo talented. I love her work. And she is so nice! She totally offered me help when I had questions about the pattern. THANK YOU! It was a while ago when I got the book, but I always remember nice people.

What I'm interested in from the book is a cute striped sweater. My friend K in Japan helped me find the book and sent it to me. I had a friend from work help me translate a few details for the instructions on the pattern. Good thing there are 'blueprints' for the patterns that I can figure out.

Speaking of my friend K, she has two boys in Japan. I only wish I knew how to knit when they were babies. They're bigger now - and as they're in Japan, I have no clue how big they really are now. I wasn't able to knit them cute baby blankets and sweaters. At this point, I'd rather just buy them toys and other goodies. Babies don't care what they get (I mean, honestly), but young boys, they want the fun stuff. And I aim to please. :) This auntie isn't going to get boring clothes and socks for them.


No comments: