Sunday, December 16, 2007

Picking up stitches

It's official. I absolutely, positively, without a doubt HATE picking up stitches. I don't know if I hate that more than sewing seams together, but it's up there. I was so determined to get that baby sweater done today, and I spent most of it trying to pick up a total of 78 stitches. Unbelievable. And that's just the collar! I managed to finish that without pulling all the hair off my head. Now I have to work on the two button bands. ARGH!!!

This should be interesting because I have never done a button band before. One side will be straight rib stitch - so if I can pick up all the stitches, then it's easy from there. The other side, I have to do the button holes. We'll see what happens.

OH - and thanks to Kuky for easing my mind about that those knots in my yarn. I guess I did just get unlucky and end up with two skeins with knots in them. Sigh...

I've stopped knitting for the evening. I was watching Most Haunted while working on the sweater when I had a very insistent kitty demanding some lap time. Yarn and cats don't mix. Well, not when you're trying to knit. When you want some entertainment, there's nothing quite a cat and a ball of yarn. Clear a big space though, because both will be all over the place.

No comments: