Thursday, February 28, 2008

Educate me

So, someone didn't like what I said about Shannon Sylvia in my last post. Told me that I should "educate" myself before making comments. That Paranormal State was filmed a year before Shannon joined Ghost Hunters International.

Excuse me, "anonymous" out there. This is a blog of MY opinions. As a fan of these shows, I think it's silly seeing one person be the customer on one, and then an expert on the other - getting into arguments with more seasoned 'hunters' about debunking methods. And did you not read Shannon's biography on SciFi's own website? Honestly, I don't care about the fact that she was on both shows. It's stupid that, as it was so rudely pointed out to me, Paranormal State was filmed LAST year, meaning 2007, when according to SciFi she had already hired Ghost Hunters to her home in 2005, which led to her joining New England Paranormal - before she went onto Ghost Hunters International.

Aside from all this 'education,' there was no need to comment rudely on an opinion that I wrote on my own blog. It was an opinion about a TV show.

So, here's some education for you "anonymous." Happy reading.

http://www.leominsterchamp.com/news/2007/0112/Front_Page/003.html

From SciFi.com:
Shannon Sylvia, the newest member of the Ghost Hunters family, hails from Leominster, Mass., just outside of Boston. Shannon's experiences growing up in a small, historic town rife with paranormal activity sparked in her a strong interest in the field, and she has dedicated a great amount of time to investigating unexplainable incidents that for years plagued her parents' home, as well as her own.

Those domestic experiences with the supernatural led to Shannon's relationship with New England Paranormal. First hired by Shannon in 2005 to investigate the activity in her home, the group soon asked her to join their team. Since then, she has worked with the group on many cases throughout New England. She continues to take every advantage of opportunities to expand her knowledge of paranormal investigating by attending conferences as well as devouring countless books on the subject.

No comments: