Saturday, February 02, 2008

A little OC in SF

Hubby decided that he wanted to go shopping today in Downtown SF. Wow - what a rare occasion. We put on our rain gear and headed out. We were running across the street from Barney's NY towards Macy's, and there was a group of people with their umbrellas who had reached the sidewalk before us - but then they stopped right there to wait for the rest of their group. I was annoyed because if they didn't move, I would have to go around the group to get off the street. Attitudes change when it's rainy and windy - I don't mind getting wet, but not when it's because other people are in the way.

Anyway, they moved, and as they were all walking into the doors of Macy's the sole man of the group of girls turned around as he had the door open for them, and it was George. I looked around the group of girls and saw Lauri. And then I recognized Ashley. For those who don't know, I'm a fan of the show The Real Housewives of Orange County. Lauri is one of the housewives who just married George this season. Ashley is Lauri's oldest daughter. The other girls were George's daughters, but I don't know all their names. I didn't recognize Mackenzie until later on, because she's now a blonde too. HA! A mini-celebrity family sighting.

We separated as they went upstairs and we headed downstairs for some food. After some yummy pizza from Wolfgang Puck's we headed up to the shoe department. And there they were again. They were taking pictures with some other fans. I walked around and looked at shoes a bit, then I bumped into them again while they were waiting in line to pay.

After seeing them three times within an hour, I decided to go over and talk to Lauri, who was standing aside with Ashley. She's so nice! Very down to earth. I congratulated her on her recent wedding and how beautiful it was, and she was so happy. Any newly married woman loves to talk about her wedding, and I love anything to do with weddings, so we had a good conversation. George joined in a few minutes later and we talked about where they would be going for their honeymoon and some of the other places they've been already. I decided that I didn't want to ask for a picture because it would be kind of awkward at this point. I'd rather just talk. I wished them well and we all headed in our different directions.

We're back home all nice and warm and dry now. It's been a good day. Got a new top, some make-up, and talked to a 'celebrity'.




No comments: