Thursday, February 07, 2008

This is MY year!

Gong Hay Fat Choy! This is MY year folks! Year of the Rat! Whoo hoo!!!



OK, so my picture isn't of a rat. It's of my very first pet ever. My hamster, Baby. He started out with the name M.C. Hamster (the person he was named after was BIG at the time, ok?) But after I brought him home, he was lovingly renamed "Baby" by my mom. Baby has long since left us, but his spirit still blooms in the rose tree in our backyard. This is my absolute favorite picture of him. And see? He's got his hands together like he's bowing for the new year. So, for now, and I'm sure Monte will understand, I have to post Baby's picture up to celebrate Chinese New Year!

1 comment:

g. girl said...

I remember MC Hamster!!!! AWWWWWW!!! That's a great pic!

Happy New Year!