Saturday, February 02, 2008

New show du jour!

I've been turned on to Dexter! It's a Showtime original series, and we have HBO, so I have to catch up now. I'm only on episode 3 and I'm hooked! It's one of those disturbingly good shows. Dexter is a man who likes to kill - we see that this started from a very young age. His father basically trains him to use this 'urge' for 'good'. Dexter becomes a blood analyst for the Miami police, and usually ends up taking matters of dealing with murderers in his own sick way. Vigilante? Doing society a favor? Murdering with an excuse? You decide.

Another movie review. We recently saw The Holiday, with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black, and Jude Law. For a 'chick flick' I liked it. Of course, it's predictable, but you're still left wondering at the end. I love Kate and Cameron - so maybe I'm biased, but I enjoyed this movie. Two women, during a rough patch at romance decide to go on Holiday though a house exchange service. So, Cameron flies to Surrey, England, and Kate flies to L.A. You'll have to watch to see what happens.

No comments: