Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Excited for Vegas

Only three days until we're on our way to Vegas! I don't know how hot it is there right now, and I really don't want to know. We're probably going to go from airport to hotel, and then stay indoors for the four days we're there. We'll be staying at the Wynn this trip.

I'm in dire need for this vacation. Yes, we did get away for the rafting trip, but this will be in a nice clean hotel. No bugs, dirt, grass, or sleeping on air mattresses in a tent. Nope, we're going to be in a nice luxury hotel with great restaurants, nice down pillows, and hopefully, we'll get to bring home a nice big momento of the trip - something with a lot of zeros at the end. We all have to dream, right?

My birthday is this weekend, so I'm thinking of splurging and treating myself to a nice spa treatment at the hotel. Haven't decided on exactly what though. I don't do massages, so it will have to be a facial or something like that.

Trying to get all the last minute things settled. Have to bring Monte for a nice stay at grandma's. I've done the laundry. Hemmed my new pants (yep, still remember my sewing class lessons). Need to get a hair cut - I'm hoping to get an appointment for tomorrow evening. Just need to remember to check-in online Wednesday night - hopefully it will save us a little time at the airport.

I wonder with this heightened security, if they'll let me take my knitting on board the plane? We're already planning to check-in our bags, but I have to do something on the plane. I'm usually too impatient to read or sleep... I'll have to check on that too.

I can't wait!!! I can hear those beautiful slot machine dinging sounds now! Hopefully, I'll get to hear that music on my own machine this weekend!

No comments: