Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Joyous News!

My roommate from college, E, called me last night. She and her hubby were supposed to join us for rafting this weekend. Well, he's coming, but she can't. Why? She's pregnant!!!

While I'm disappointed I won't get to see her this weekend, I couldn't be more thrilled for them. She's one of my most favorite people in the world and I am just so happy for them. I wish I could fly down to Oxnard right now and give her a huge hug.

We had a marathon three hour phone conversation last night. I maxed out the battery on two phones. We finally hung up after I had to switch to the third phone (funny).

We've been through soooooo much together over the years. We were bridesmaids in each other's weddings. And this is just the icing on the cake. She's one of those friends that, even though we don't see each other all the time, we're totally caught up on everything going on and we always just pick where we left off when we do talk to each other. It's wonderful. I keep trying to convince her and her husband to move to San Francisco.

Congratulations E and R!

More baby hats and booties on the way!!!

No comments: