Friday, August 04, 2006

More projects

During the week or so, I discovered that Comcast OnDemand had a list of Hitchcock movies. Most of which I had never seen. They're free movies, and I'm a semi-Hitchcock fan. These are my favorite movies of his: Psycho, Dial M for Murder, and Rear Window. These are genious.

I've seen several others that I think are ok, but are not my favorite. Rebecca, Marnie, The Birds, and Vertigo. I figured, since they're available, I should give them a shot..

So, every day, I've tried to watch a movie or as much as I can of one (OnDemand lets you pick up where you left off - wonderful feature). Anyway, I've watched the following so far in the past two weeks. Sad to say, I didn't enjoy most of them.

Frenzy (hated it)
Rope (boring)
Notorious (was good after the first 30 minutes)
Shadow of a Doubt (boring, but I like Joseph Cotton)
The Paradine Case (boring - though Gregory Peck is gorgeous - I never realized that)
The Man Who Knew Too Much (frustrating)
The Lady Vanishes (frustrating)
Spellbound (frustrating - but, it had Gregory Peck)


I checked out IMDB, this list of movies isn't even half of what Hitchcock actually released. But the way it's going, I may just stop after I get through the few left on Comcast. I thought I would at least like most of them - but it's very disappointing to discover I really don't.

Good thing is that during these movie runs, I've been knitting away. I'm almost finished putting together my little Kitty project that I started in Tahoe a few weeks ago.



I just have to sew on the other ear and the tail, and then attached her to the cushion. Oh, and sew on a face (kind of important). This little missy is going to be a birthday gift for my friend in November.


The other projects that I finished just last night and today are the Umbilical Cord hats from Stitch N' Bitch, for the new twins, Kayden and Connor. These turned out really well - and they were quick projects. I like that.



I wanted to make two different colored hats, but the purple one is a little lighter than I'd like since I mixed in the white. Oh well.

My next projects are matching booties for the hats.

No comments: