Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The little things...

Every year, I wait in anticipation of a most delightful treat for myself. And as timing would have it, amidst all this drama at work, my treat came yesterday! For the holiday season, Neiman Marcus offers these wonderful Petit Fours. Little layered cakes covered in a thin sheet of either white or dark chocolate. Each is hand decorated with little holiday symbols. The best way to eat them is nice and cold from the refrigerator - that way, the chocolate doesn't get all sticky in your fingers. Aren't these cute? I love the little stocking ones. I prefer the white chocolate and my hubby likes the dark chocolate ones - so it works out. Of course, I tend to nibble some dark chocolate ones too when he's not home. Or if I've finished all the white ones already and there are some of his left over.



Sometimes, it really is the little things that make the world just a little sweeter.

And guess what? I finally used my pink mixer!!! Yea! For the Christmas party this past weekend, I made cheesecake cupcakes. I used bing cherries and blue berries in syrup for the toppings. I LOVE my mixer. It's totally awesome. I whipped these out within 45 minutes. I think I may need to cut the recipe in half though next time. I think I made 24 of them. Brought 12 to the party - now we're eating them every night before they spoil. No holiday diet here...

No comments: